Wednesday 22 August 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Derek Fatchett and James G Richardson in Gainesville.
State Fair, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1945 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Derek Fatchett: MP (Labour).
- James G Richardson in Gainesville: Florida, USA; actor (Tim Cassidy - Sierra).
- Ron Dante in Staten Island: New York, USA; rocker (Archies - "Sugar, Sugar").
- Steve Kroft: American actor and host of the program, "60 Minutes.
- Tamori : Japanese television personality.
- David Chase: American director producer and screenwriter
- Ron Dante: American singer-songwriter and producer (The Archies The Cuff Links and The Detergents)
- Erol Gelenbe: Turkish computer scientist and mathematician
- Bob Cristofani scores 110 for Aust Services at Old Trafford
- Vietnam conflict begins as Ho Chi Minh leads a successful coup
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 August 1945
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?