Wednesday 22 January 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gisèle Vallerey and Gisele Vallerey.
Anna Christie, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1930 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Gisèle Vallerey: French champion swimmer who broke the world record in the 100 m butterfly (1 minute 17 seconds) at Casablanca in 1950.
- Gisele Vallerey: France sport Champion.
- Mariví Bilbao: Spanish actress (d. 2013).
- Éamon de Buitléar: Irish accordion player and director (d. 2013).
- Stephen Mather: American entrepreneur and conservationist (Born 1867).
- -35 degrees F (-37 degrees C), Mount Carroll, Illinois (state record low).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 January 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?