Wednesday 22 July 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Amy Vanderbilt .
The Fight for Freedom, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Trail of the Lonesome Pine by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1908!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1908 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Amy Vanderbilt: US author (Complete book of etiquette), dies at age 66.
- Randal Cremer: English politician and pacifist, Nobel Peace Prize laureate (Born 1828).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Madama Butterfly - Finale Act I: O Quantiocchi Fisi (O Kindly Heavens) - Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?