Sunday 22 August 1909
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sergius Kagen and Stojan T Daskalov.
Sherlock Holmes V, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1909 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Sergius Kagen: Composer.
- Stojan T Daskalov: Bulgaria -- Writer (A Farm).
- Julius J Epstein: American screenwriter (d. 2000).
- Julius Epstein: American screenwriter and producer (d. 2000).
- Mel Hein: American football player and coach (d. 1992).
- Lucille Ricksen: American actress (Born 1909)
- Henry Radcliffe Crocker: British dermatologist (Born 1846).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 August 1909
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1909 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Love My Wife, But Oh You Kid! - Bob Roberts
- I Love, I Love, I Love My Wife, but Oh You Kid! - Arthur Collins
- My Pony Boy - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?