Sunday 22 August 1909
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Boris Shapiro and Stojan T Daskalov.
The Seventh Day, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 August 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1909 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Boris Shapiro
- Stojan T Daskalov: Bulgaria -- Writer (A Farm).
- Julius J Epstein: American screenwriter (d. 2000).
- Sergius Kagen: Composer.
- Mel Hein: American football player and coach (d. 1992).
- Lucille Ricksen: American actress (Born 1909).
- Julius Epstein: American screenwriter and producer (d. 2000).
- Henry Radcliffe Crocker: British dermatologist (Born 1846).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1909 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- My Pony Boy - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- I Love My Wife, But Oh You Kid! - Bob Roberts
- I Love, I Love, I Love My Wife, but Oh You Kid! - Arthur Collins