Saturday 22 July 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Warda Al-Jazairia and Anthony Steen.
John, the Soldier of Vengeance, directed by Louis J. Gasnier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Disputed Passage by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1939 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Warda Al-Jazairia
- Anthony Steen: British politician, a Member of Parliament, returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Terence Stamp: English actor.
- Gila Almagor: Israeli actress and author.
- 1st black woman judge (Jane Matilda Bolin-NYC)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?