Wednesday 5 March 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 5, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Nicoud and Ottis Toole.
The Egg and I, directed by Chester Erskine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 March 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1947 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Gérard Nicoud
- Ottis Toole
- John Kitzhaber: American politician and Oregon Senator, very active in improving health care and cost effectiveness.
- Vivien Eteson: British astrologer, author of a column "Astro Artistry" for FCA News.
- Jean Jouzel: French glaciologist and climatologist.
- Jan Garbarek: Musician.
- Tom Russell: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Eddie Hodges in Hattiesburg: Mississippi, USA; actor/singer (High Hopes, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn).
- Kent Tekulve: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Pittsburgh Pirates (1974–1985), Philadelphia Phillies (1985–1988) and Cincinnati Reds (1989).
- Eddie Hodges: American actor and singer.
- Clodagh Rodgers: Northern Irish singer and actress.
- Alfredo Casella: Italian musician, a pianist, composer and orchestra conductor.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1947 ?