Friday 28 March 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 28, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce Gilbert and Walt Mossberg.
Monsieur Verdoux, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Juvenile Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 March 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1947 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Walt Mossberg: Journalist.
- Bruce Gilbert: Producer (China Syndrome, 9 to 5, On Golden Pond).
- Peter Hennessy: English historian and academic.
- John Landecker: American disk jockey.
- Greg Thompson: Canadian educator and politician 25th Minister of Veterans Affairs.
- A World War II Japanese booby trap explodes on Corregidor island, killing 28 people.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Linda - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- How are Things in Glocca Mora? - Dick Haymes