Tuesday 25 March 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 25, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elton John and Christine Gregoire.
Monsieur Verdoux, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Juvenile Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 March 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1947 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Elton John: British musician and rock superstar of immense appeal of the '70s, '80s, and '90s.
- Christine Gregoire: Politician.
- Alan Sugar: Businessman.
- Claudine Schneider American politician (Representative-Republican-Rhode Island: 1981-).
- Roberto Unger: Politician.
- Josef Wintjes: German alternative magazine publisher and bookseller.
- Richard Cork: English historian and critic.
- Richard Lennon: American ecclesiastic, acting Catholic Bishop in Boston Archdiocese taking over for Cardinal Law upon Law's resignation, 12/13/2002.
- Agreement of Linggadjati ratified in Batavia.
- An explosion in a coal mine in Centralia, Illinois kills 111.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Linda - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- How are Things in Glocca Mora? - Dick Haymes