Saturday 29 March 1947US date format: 3/29/1947, UK date format: 29/3/1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 29, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Bobby Kimball (musician) and Robert Gordon (musician).
Monsieur Verdoux, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Juvenile Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 March 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1947 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Bobby Kimball (musician)
- Robert Gordon (musician)
- Aleksandr Stepenovich Viktorenko cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-3: 8, 14, 20).
- Jo Le Guen: French sailor and politician who became...
- Bobby Kimball [Robert Toteaux] in Vinton: Louisiana, USA; rocker (Toto -...
- Robert Gordon: Director / writer (Loveless), dies at...
- Bobby Kimball: American singer-songwriter (Toto and...
- Inge Bödding: German sprinter.
- Peter Hinchcliffe: co-founder (Iceland Frozen Foods).
- A rebellion against French rule erupts in Madagascar.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Linda - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- How are Things in Glocca Mora? - Dick Haymes