Thursday 20 March 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Eastburn and Carl Palmer drummer (Asia - "Heat of the Moment".
The Farmer's Daughter, directed by H.C. Potter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Show Business, Inc..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1947 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- John Eastburn: Boswell; medievalist.
- Carl Palmer drummer (Asia - "Heat of the Moment": Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Lucky Man").
- Christian Binet: French cartoonist and comic book writer, famous for the series "Les Bidochon.
- John Boswell: American writer, the author of "Same Sex Unions in Pre-modern Europe.
- Victor Boffelli: .
- Sigurd Wallen: Swedish actor and filmdirector (Born 1884).
- 180-metric ton blue whale (record) caught in South Atlantic
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- How Are Things in Glocca Mora? - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?