Thursday 20 March 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 20, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John E Boswell and Christian Binet.
Buck Privates Come Home, directed by Charles Barton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 March 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1947 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- John E Boswell
- Christian Binet: French cartoonist and comic book writer, famous for the series "Les Bidochon.
- Carl Palmer drummer (Asia - "Heat of the Moment": Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Lucky Man").
- Glenn Close: Actress.
- Victor Boffelli
- John Boswell: American writer, the author of "Same Sex Unions in Pre-modern Europe.
- John Eastburn: Boswell; medievalist.
- Sigurd Wallen: Swedish actor and filmdirector (Born 1884).
- 180-metric ton blue whale (record) caught in South Atlantic