Friday 21 March 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 21, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christine Saint Pierre and Christian Bîmes.
Buck Privates Come Home, directed by Charles Barton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 March 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1947 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Christine Saint Pierre
- Christian Bîmes: French former pharmacist and former tennis player who served as President of the French Tennis Federation (FFT) between 1993 and 2009.
- Christine Saint-Pierre: French astrologer and writer (in periodicals), author of "Le Guide d'Astrologie Conditionaliste".
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Fulgens radiatur
- President Truman signs Executive Order 9835 requiring all federal employees to have allegiance to the United States
- US President Harry Truman signs Executive Order 9835 requiring all federal employees to swear allegiance to the United States.