Sunday 9 March 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Kennerly and Alain Toutain.
The Red House, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while Lydia Bailey by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Small Fry Club.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1947 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- David Kennerly: American writer, a journalist and photographer; the personal photographer of President Gerald Ford.
- Alain Toutain: French rapist of a ten-year-old girl on 12/10/1986, near Rouen, France.
- Richard Adams: Filipino-American activist (d. 2012).
- Keri Hulme: New Zealand author and poet.
- US Mens Figure Skating championship won by Richard Button
- US Ladies Figure Skating Championship won by Gretchen Merrill.
- Carrie Chapman Catt dies in New Rochelle.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1947 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?