Thursday 27 March 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 27, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Xavier Dugoin and Tom Sullivan in Boston.
Monsieur Verdoux, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Juvenile Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 March 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1947 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Xavier Dugoin: French politician, a member of the Union for a Popular Movement, a senator from Essonne, a Member of the second district of Essonne, president of the council of Essonne, councilor and mayor of Mennecy.
- Tom Sullivan in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; blind actor (If You Could See What I Hear).
- Daphne Todd: president (Royal Society of Portrait Painters).
- Marc-Yvan Côté: Canadian educator and politician.
- Craig Defoy: Welsh golfer.
- Aad de Mos: Dutch footballer and manager.
- Dough Wilkerson: Football.
- Brian Jones: English balloonist.
- John Mayhew: English-Australian drummer (Genesis) (d. 2009).
- Walt Mossberg: American journalist.
- Bart Taminiau: Dutch field hockey player.
- Oliver Friggieri: Maltese author and poet.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Linda - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- How are Things in Glocca Mora? - Dick Haymes