Thursday 22 October 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Annette Funicello and Birthe Kirk.
Now, Voyager, directed by Irving Rapper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while And Now Tomorrow by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1942 ?
- Annette Funicello: American actress, the most famous of the "Mickey Mouse Club" Mouseketeers of the late '50s.
- Birthe Kirk: Danish internationally known speaker, editor of a popular astrological magazine and owner and manager of the Astrological School in Copenhagen.
- Robin John Maconie: Composer.
- Annette Funicello in Utica: New York, USA; actress (Mickey Mouse Club).
- Count Christian: Count Christian of Rosenborg (d. 2013).
- Bobby Fuller: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Bobby Fuller Four) (d. 1966).
- 1st ships of invasion fleet for Oran (Algeria) leave Scotland
- US gens Clark and Lemnitzer and French General Mast meet secretly in Algeria
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1942 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?