Thursday 22 October 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 22, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Annette Funicello and Birthe Kirk.
Went the Day Well?, directed by Alberto Cavalcanti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 October 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1942 ?
- Annette Funicello: American actress, the most famous of the "Mickey Mouse Club" Mouseketeers of the late '50s.
- Birthe Kirk: Danish internationally known speaker, editor of a popular astrological magazine and owner and manager of the Astrological School in Copenhagen.
- Robin John Maconie: Composer.
- Annette Funicello in Utica: New York, USA; actress (Mickey Mouse Club).
- Judy Sheindlin: Lawyer.
- Bobby Fuller: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Bobby Fuller Four) (d. 1966).
- Count Christian: Count Christian of Rosenborg (d. 2013).
- Christopher A. Sims: Economist.
- 1st ships of invasion fleet for Oran (Algeria) leave Scotland
- US gens Clark and Lemnitzer and French General Mast meet secretly in Algeria