Monday 23 July 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mukesh and Claude Luter.
Little Old New York, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 July 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1923 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Claude Luter: French jazz clarinetist who doubled on soprano saxophone.
- Cyril M Kornbluth: American writer (d. 1958).
- Luis Aloma: Cuban-American baseball player (d. 1997).
- Morris Halle: Latvian-American linguist and academic.
- Amalia Mendoza: Mexican singer and actress (d. 2001).
- Pancho Villa: Mexican bandito chieftain who sought to control Mexico in 1910 and again in 1914 during revolutionary upheavals.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Beside a Babbling Brook - Marion Harris
- Roses of Picardy - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- You've Gotta See Mama Every Night (Or You Can't See Mama At All) - Sophie Tucker