Tuesday 23 December 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Ruick in Pasadena and Paul Ambille.
Amerikanka, directed by Leo Esakya, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1930 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Barbara Ruick in Pasadena: California, USA; actress (Apache War Smoke, T? Para Mi).
- Paul Ambille: French painter, received title 'peintre de la marine' in 1993.
- Johannes H Been: Brielle archivist, dies at 71.
- Bette Davis arrives in Hollywood under contract to Universal Studios
- Police Bureau of Criminal Alien Investigation started in New York City, New York.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Wayne King & His Orchestra - The Waltz You Saved for Me
- Something to Remember You By - Libby Holman
- You're Driving me Crazy - Nick Lucas
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?