Tuesday 23 December 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 23, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Ruick in Pasadena and Paul Ambille.
Paid, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1930 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Barbara Ruick in Pasadena: California, USA; actress (Apache War Smoke, T? Para Mi).
- Paul Ambille: French painter, received title 'peintre de la marine' in 1993.
- Johannes H Been: Brielle archivist, dies at 71.
- Bette Davis arrives in Hollywood under contract to Universal Studios
- Police Bureau of Criminal Alien Investigation started in New York City, New York.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Them There Eyes - Gus Arnheim & His Orchestra (Vocal Rhythm Boys (Bing Crosby)
- Where Have You Been? - Emil Coleman & His Orchestra