Wednesday 23 December 1942US date format: 12/23/1942, UK date format: 23/12/1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 23, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry Koosman and Dominique Manotti.
Margin for Error, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1942 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Jerry Koosman: American baseball pitcher for the Auburn...
- Dominique Manotti
- Friedrich Schenker: Composer.
- John Peterman: American fashion designer.
- Neal Mariani: American sales coordinator at H.P.
- Quentin Bryce: Australian lawyer and politician 25th...
- Allies air attack on Den Helder