Wednesday 23 December 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry Koosman and Dominique Manotti.
Commandos Strike at Dawn, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while And Now Tomorrow by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1942 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Jerry Koosman: American baseball pitcher for the Auburn Mets 1955-66.
- Dominique Manotti
- Friedrich Schenker: Composer.
- John Peterman: American fashion designer.
- Neal Mariani: American sales coordinator at H.P.
- Quentin Bryce: Australian lawyer and politician 25th Governor-General of Australia.
- Allies air attack on Den Helder
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Moonlight Becomes You - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?