Sunday 23 January 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Betty Rowland and David Douglas Duncan.
Old Heidelberg, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 January 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1916!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1916 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Betty Rowland: American entertainer, a burlesque queen.
- David Douglas Duncan: American photo-journalist.
- David Duncan: American photographer and journalist.
- Airey Neave: a British Member of Parliament, is killed by a car bomb as he exits the Palace of Westminster.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - Somewhere a Voice is Calling
- The Rosary - Taylor Trio
- Along the Rocky Road to Dublin - American Quartet