Monday 23 December 1946US date format: 12/23/1946, UK date format: 23/12/1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 23, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Didier Quentin and Jean-Louis Fousseret.
The Man I Love, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1946 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Didier Quentin
- Jean-Louis Fousseret
- James Ippolito: American engineer, the State Director of...
- Robbie Dupree
- John Sullivan: English screenwriter producer and...
- Tony Craig [Kulasa] in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (That Boy Next...
- Ray Tabano: American guitarist (Aerosmith).
- Edita Gruberova: Slovak operatic soprano.
- Susan Lucci: Soap Opera Actress.
- Edita Gruberová: Slovak soprano and actress.
- Highest ridership in NYC subway history (8.8 million passengers)
- University of Tennessee refuses to play Duquesne University, because they may use a black player in their basketball game.
- Belgian Council of State forms.