Monday 23 December 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Didier Quentin and Jean-Louis Fousseret.
Stairway to Heaven, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while This Side of Innocence by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Campus Hoopla.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 December 1946 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Didier Quentin
- Jean-Louis Fousseret
- James Ippolito: American engineer, the State Director of Maintenance who inspects bridges and sea walls for the M.D.
- Robbie Dupree
- Edita Gruberová: Slovak soprano and actress.
- John Sullivan: English screenwriter producer and composer (d. 2011).
- Ray Tabano: American guitarist (Aerosmith).
- Tony Craig [Kulasa] in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (That Boy Next Door).
- Edita Gruberova: Slovak operatic soprano.
- Susan Lucci: Soap Opera Actress.
- Highest ridership in NYC subway history (8.8 million passengers)
- University of Tennessee refuses to play Duquesne University, because they may use a black player in their basketball game.
- Belgian Council of State forms.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?