Saturday 23 December 1922
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 23, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Micheline Ostermeyer and Ian Powell Bancroft.
The Making of a Man, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1922!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1922 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Micheline Ostermeyer: French athlete and concert pianist, a great-niece of French author Victor Hugo.
- Ian Powell Bancroft: Civil servant.
- Georges Brun: France sport Champion.
- Micheline Ostemeyer
- Pope Pius XI pleas for peace: encyclical Ubi arcano.
- BBC Radio begins daily newscasts.