Tuesday 23 January 1923
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Droit and Walter Miller.
Der Mann mit der eisernen Maske, directed by Max Glass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 January 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1923!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1923 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Michel Droit: French writer; a journalist, a war correspondent and reporter for press, radio and TV, holding editorial positions.
- Walter Miller: American sci-fi writer and winner of the Hugo award for his novelette "Darfstellar," 1955.
- Walter M Miller: Jr.
- Florence Halop in Queens: New York, USA; actress (Florence - Night Court, St. Elsewhere).
- Cot Deal: American baseball player and coach (d. 2013).
- Horace Ashenfelter: United States -- 3000m steeplechase (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Walter M[ichael] Miller Jr: United States -- Sci-fi author (Hugo, View from Stars).
- Max Nordau: Hungarian physician author and critic co-founded the World Zionist Organization (d. 1923).
- Taxi strike in Amsterdam begins (through March 9th)
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Build a Stairway to Paradise - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Carolina in the Morning - Marion Harris
- Mary, Dear - Henry Burr