Tuesday 23 January 1923
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Florence Halop in Queens and Walter M[ichael] Miller Jr.
The Pilgrim, directed by Edna Purviance, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1923!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1923 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Florence Halop in Queens: New York, USA; actress (Florence - Night Court, St. Elsewhere).
- Walter M[ichael] Miller Jr: United States -- Sci-fi author (Hugo, View from Stars).
- Walter M Miller: Jr.
- Michel Droit: French writer; a journalist, a war correspondent and reporter for press, radio and TV, holding editorial positions.
- Walter Miller: American sci-fi writer and winner of the Hugo award for his novelette "Darfstellar," 1955.
- Horace Ashenfelter: United States -- 3000m steeplechase (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Cot Deal: American baseball player and coach (d. 2013)
- Max Nordau: Hungarian physician author and critic co-founded the World Zionist Organization (d. 1923).
- Taxi strike in Amsterdam begins (through March 9th)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Nellie Kelly, I Love You - Prince's Orchestra
- Goodbye - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?