Thursday 23 January 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 23, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Derek Walcott and William R Pogue.
City Girl, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 January 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1930 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Derek Walcott: Saint Lucian poet and playwright.
- William R Pogue
- William Reid Pogue in Okemah: Oklahoma, USA; Colonel US Air Force/astronaut (Skylab 4).
- Ken Errair: singer (Four Freshmen).
- Teresa Zylis-Gara: Polish singer.
- William Pogue: American astronaut, selected by NASA in April 1966.
- WIS-AM (now WOMG) in Columbia SC begins radio transmissions
- George Washington Birthplace National Monument in Virginia is established.
- Clyde Tombaugh photographs planet Pluto.