Thursday 23 February 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edmund Boyd Fisher and Josef Feistmantl.
Stagecoach, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Wickford Point by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1939 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Edmund Boyd Fisher: Publisher.
- Josef Feistmantl: Austria -- Lugeist (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Majel Barrett: Columbus, Ohio -- Actress (Christine Chapel-Star Trek).
- Viktoras Kulvinskas: Lithuanian nutritionist, one of the foremost figures in the U.S.
- Lou Thesz beats E Marshall in Saint Louis, Missouri, USA to become wrestling champion.
- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences awards an Oscar (Special Award) to Walt Disney for screen innovation for the film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Disney is presented one statuette and seven miniature statuettes.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?