Thursday 23 February 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 23, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Viktoras Kulvinskas and Claude Melki.
Murder in the Night, directed by Norman Lee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Vine Street.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 February 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1939 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Viktoras Kulvinskas: Lithuanian nutritionist, one of the foremost figures in the U.S.
- Claude Melki
- Lee Shaffer
- Edmund Boyd Fisher: Publisher.
- Josef Feistmantl: Austria -- Lugeist (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Majel Barrett: Columbus, Ohio -- Actress (Christine Chapel-Star Trek).
- Lou Thesz beats E Marshall in Saint Louis, Missouri, USA to become wrestling champion.
- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences awards an Oscar (Special Award) to Walt Disney for screen innovation for the film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Disney is presented one statuette and seven miniature statuettes.