Sunday 23 January 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Shohei Baba and Anatoly Marchenko in Siberia.
The Dybbuk, directed by Michal Waszynski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Comedy Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1938 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Shohei Baba: Japanese professional wrestler (d. 1999).
- Anatoly Marchenko in Siberia: Russia; Soviet dissident.
- Giant Baba: Japanese wrestler and promoter founded All Japan Pro Wrestling (d. 1999).
- Georg Baselitz: German painter and sculptor.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?