Tuesday 23 January 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 23, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yves Patenotre and Alan Cheuse.
British Intelligence, directed by Terry O. Morse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 January 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1940 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Yves Patenotre
- Alan Cheuse: American author critic and academic (d. 2015).
- Joe Dowell: American singer.
- Johnny Russell: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2001).
- Pianist Ignaz Paderewski becomes premier of Polish government in exile.