Sunday 23 July 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 23, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Terence Stamp and André Legrand.
Beau Geste, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 July 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1939 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Terence Stamp: Actor.
- André Legrand: French jurist, specializing in public law.
- Franz-Erhard Walther: German artist (avantgarde sculptor).
- Mahatma Gandhi the spiritual leader from India writes a personal letter to Adolf Hitler addressing him quotMy friendquot, requesting to prevent any possible war.