Sunday 23 July 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Legrand and Franz-Erhard Walther.
John, the Soldier of Vengeance, directed by Louis J. Gasnier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1939 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- André Legrand: French jurist, specializing in public law.
- Franz-Erhard Walther: German artist (avantgarde sculptor).
- Mahatma Gandhi the spiritual leader from India writes a personal letter to Adolf Hitler addressing him quotMy friendquot, requesting to prevent any possible war.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?