Thursday 23 July 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Karl Swenson and Elio Vittorini.
The Fight for Freedom, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Barrier by Rex Beach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1908!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1908 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Madama Butterfly - Finale Act I: O Quantiocchi Fisi (O Kindly Heavens) - Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?