Monday 23 July 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hubert Selby and Leon Fleisher.
The Michigan Kid, directed by Irvin Willat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 July 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1928 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Hubert Selby: Jr.
- Leon Fleisher: American pianist who could not remember a time when his life did not revolve around a piano.
- Leon Fleisher in San Francisco: California, USA; pianist/conductor (Annapolis Symphony 1973-77).
- Hubert Selby Jr: American author (d. 2004).
- Vera Rubin: American astronomer and academic.