Monday 23 July 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leon Fleisher in San Francisco and Hubert Selby Jr.
The Mating Call, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Swan Song by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1928 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Leon Fleisher in San Francisco: California, USA; pianist/conductor (Annapolis Symphony 1973-77).
- Hubert Selby Jr: American author (d. 2004).
- Leon Fleisher: American pianist who could not remember a time when his life did not revolve around a piano.
- Vera Rubin: American astronomer and academic.
- Hubert Selby: Jr.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?