Monday 23 July 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 23, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Storm Center, directed by Daniel Taradash, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Profiles In Courage by John F. Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 July 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1956 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 July
- Joe Cronin and Hank Greenberg inducted into Hall of Fame
- Bell X-2 rocket plane sets world aircraft speed record of 3,050 kph.
- The Loi Cadre is passed by the French Republic in order to order French overseas territory affairs.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?