Wednesday 23 May 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rosemary Clooney and Pauline Julien.
The End of St. Petersburg, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Swan Song by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1928!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1928 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Rosemary Clooney: American band singer, pretty, likable, popular for many years and a huge hit in the '50s.
- Pauline Julien: Canadian singer-songwriter and actress (d. 1998).
- Nigel Davenport: British actor, after having worked as a disk jockey.
- Jean Markale: French writer, poet, radio show host, lecturer and high school teacher who lived in Brittany.
- Nina Otkalenko: in USSR; 800 metre runner (9 world records).
- Rosemary Clooney in Maysville: Kentucky, USA; singer/Coronet paper towels spokeswoman.
- André Schwarz-Bart: French novelist of Polish-Jewish origins.
- Jeannie Carson: English-American actress and singer.
- Bomb attack on Italian embassy in Buenos Aires, Argentina; 22 die.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?