Wednesday 23 May 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rosemary Clooney in Maysville and Rosemary Clooney.
The End of St. Petersburg, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1928!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1928 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Rosemary Clooney in Maysville: Kentucky, USA; singer/Coronet paper towels spokeswoman.
- Rosemary Clooney: American band singer, pretty, likable, popular for many years and a huge hit in the '50s.
- Nigel Davenport: British actor, after having worked as a disk jockey.
- Jean Markale: French writer, poet, radio show host, lecturer and high school teacher who lived in Brittany.
- André Schwarz-Bart: French novelist of Polish-Jewish origins.
- Jeannie Carson: English-American actress and singer
- Pauline Julien: Canadian singer-songwriter and actress (d. 1998)
- Nina Otkalenko: in USSR; 800 metre runner (9 world records).
- Bomb attack on Italian embassy in Buenos Aires, Argentina; 22 die.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 May 1928
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?