Monday 23 November 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 23, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sergio Ottolina and Susan Anspach.
Pittsburgh, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 November 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1942 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
Famous Birthdays:23 November
- 3rd and 5th Romanian army corp surrenders
- Colonel-General Von Paul asks Hitler to surrender
- German 4th and 6th Army surrounded at Stalingrad
- Japans bombing of Port Darwin, Australia
- Poon Lim set adrift for 133 days after his boat is torpedoed
- Russian 21st Army recaptures Kalatsj at Don
- Coast Guard Woman's Auxiliary (SPARS) authorized.
- Steward Poon Lim set adrift for 133 days after his boat is torpedoed.
- WWII: A German U-boat sinks the SS ''Ben Lomond'' off the coast of Brazil. One crewman, Chinese second steward Poon Lim, is separated from the others and spends 130 days adrift until he is rescued on April 3, 1943.