Tuesday 24 April 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 24, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Giorgio Bernardin and Gustav Krivinka.
Across to Singapore, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 April 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1928 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Gustav Krivinka: Composer.
- Giorgio Bernardin: Italian soccer player who played in Italian clubs from 1949-1960 and on the Italian National Team in 1954.
- Giorgio Berdardin: Italy sport Champion.
- Tommy Docherty: Scottish footballer and manager.
- Johnny Griffin: American saxophonist (Kenny Clarke/Francy Boland Big Band) (d. 2008).
- Ferdinand B Hummel: Composer, dies at 72.
- Fathometer, which measures underwater depth, patented.