Monday 24 November 1913
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Howard Duff and Christine Mylius.
The Inside of the White Slave Traffic, directed by Frank Beal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 November 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1913!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1913 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Howard Duff: American actor, onscreen from 1947, working steadily for 50 years but never quite breaking through to stardom.
- Gisela Mauermeyer: Germany -- Discus thrower (1936 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Christine Mylius: Germany Actor.
- Francis Tayeau: Boulogne sur Mer physician.
- Geraldine Fitzgerald: Irish-American actress (d. 2005).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Where Did You Get That Girl? - Walter Van Brunt
- When It's Apple Blossom Time in Normandy - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison
- The Curse of an Aching Heart - Manuel Romain