Friday 24 January 1913
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Norman Dello Joio and Mark Goodson.
Bärenringkampf, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while Laddie (novel) by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 24 January 1913 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Norman Dello Joio: American composer (Born 1913).
- Mark Goodson: TV game-show producer (Goodson-Toddman).
- Norman Joio: American organist and composer (d. 2008).
- Ray Stehr: Australian rugby league player and coach (d. 1983).
- Gustav Luders composer: dies at age 47.
- Franz Kafka stops working on "Amerika"; it will never be finished.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Take, Oh Take Those Lips Away - John McCormack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?