Monday 24 December 2007, Christmas EveUS date format: 12/24/2007, UK date format: 24/12/2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 24, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to No One by Alicia Keys.
Unrelated, directed by Joanna Hogg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy with Nathan Whitaker was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fight Quest.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brooktown High or Clean Asia!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 December 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 2007!
Which were the important events of 24 December 2007 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 December
- The Nepalese government announces that the country's 240-year-old monarchy will be abolished in 2008 and a new republic will be declared.
- Former Pakistani prime minister Benazir Bhutto is assassinated, and at least 20 others are killed, by a bomb blast at an election rally in Rawalpindi.
- Riots erupt in Mombasa, Kenya, after Mwai Kibaki is declared the winner of the presidential election, triggering a political, economic, and humanitarian crisis.
- Incumbent Uzbekistani President Islam Karimov wins a new term in office following presidential elections. (AP via CNN)
- At least 12 people are dead and 15 others missing after portions of a building collapse in Alexandria, Egypt. (BBC News)
- Sebastian Kawa of Poland is FAI World GP Gliding Champion after 5 intensive competition days in Omarama, New Zealand. (FAI)
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in December 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - No One
- Alicia Keys - Like You'll Never See Me Again
- Trey Songz - Can't Help But Wait
- Kiss Kiss - Chris Brown Featuring T-Pain
- Kanye West Featuring T-Pain - Good Life
- Mary J. Blige - Just Fine
- Until The End Of Time - Justin Timberlake Duet With Beyonce
- J. Holiday - Suffocate
- Duffle Bag Boy - Playaz Circle Featuring Lil Wayne
- Shoulda Let You Go - Keyshia Cole Introducing Amina
Top #10 Latin songs
- Juanes - Me Enamora
- Sexy Movimiento - Wisin & Yandel
- Estos Celos - Vicente Fernandez
- La Travesia - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Alguien Soy Yo - Enrique Iglesias
- Un Buen Perdedor - K-Paz With Franco De Vita
- No Puedo Olvidarla - Marco Antonio Solis
- Flex - Te Quiero
- Sobre Mis Pies - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Inalcanzable - RBD
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
More unanswered questions to ponder over the holidays. Add your own. [..]
The Baltimore Sun is taking the unusual step of placing responsibility for its opinion pages with its top news editor. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $46.01
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $125.69
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $77.78
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $51.98
- 1 CAD = 1.1753 CHF
- 1 AUD = 1.0076 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8571 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.2869 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?