Wednesday 24 February 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 24, 1909). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Marin and August Derleth.
Poste restante, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 February 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1909!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1909 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Jean Marin: French military officer in the navy, 1930-38 and reporter, from 1939.
- August Derleth: American editor, anthropologist; publisher and horror fantasy writer.
- Max Black: Dutch / British / US philosopher (analytical philosophy).
- Jean Yves: Morvan Marin broadcaster.
- Michael Francis: Morris Lindsay orientalist.
- Mary Antin: Activist.
- Robert Ramillon: France sport Champion.
- Guillaume Le Bigot: Lorient Military man.
- Riccardo Freda: Egyptian-Italian director and screenwriter (d. 1999).
- Bob Ramillon: French tennis professional player of the 1930s and winner of the French Pro in 1932.
- August William Derleth: Sauk City, Wisconsin -- Writer (Judge Peck Mysteries).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Harold Jarvis - Beautiful Isle of Somewhere
- That Wasn't All! - Ralph Herz
- Sousa's Band - Fairest of the Fair March
- Harry Lauder - When I Get Back Again to Bonnie Scotland
- There Never was a Girl Like You - Harry Macdonough