Friday 12 February 1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Barry Wood and Francis Salet.
Gøngehøvdingen, directed by Carl Alstrup, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while Katrine Elinor by Macartney Lane was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1909!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1909 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Barry Wood: New Haven, Connecticut -- Vocalist (Your Hit Parade).
- Francis Salet: French historian specializing in art history, especially medieval, who became curator and director of museums, president of the French Archaeological Society and the National Society of Antiquaries of France, director of publications, and Inspector General of French museums.
- Zoran Mušič: Slovene painter and illustrator (d. 2005).
- Sigmund Rascher: German physician (d. 1945).
- Robert Fowler runs world record marathon (2:46:52.6).
- The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is founded.
- New Zealand's worst maritime disaster of the 20th century happens when the SS Penguin, an inter-island ferry, sinks and explodes at the entrance to Wellington Harbour.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Right Church, but the Wrong Pew - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Brown Eyes, Good-Bye - Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?