Friday 24 February 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marisa Mell and George Bain.
Stagecoach, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Disputed Passage by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 24 February 1939 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Marisa Mell: Austrian actress who became a cult figure of 1960s Italian B-movies.
- George Bain: principal (London Business School).
- Jamal Islam: Bangladeshi physicist and cosmologist (d. 2013).
- Joy Mukherjee: Indian actor and director (d. 2012).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?