Thursday 11 February 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph L Mankiewicz and Joseph Mankiewicz.
Gøngehøvdingen, directed by Carl Alstrup, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1909!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1909 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Joseph L Mankiewicz: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania -- Film writer / director (Sleuth).
- Joseph Mankiewicz: American film director, producer and writer who created many legendary films during Hollywood's golden era of the '30, '40s and '50s.
- Gustave Singier: Belgium Painter.
- Max Baer: Omaha, Nebraska -- Heavyweight boxing champ (1934-35).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Right Church, but the Wrong Pew - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Brown Eyes, Good-Bye - Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?