Saturday 24 July 1943US date format: 7/24/1943, UK date format: 24/7/1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 24, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bézu (singer) and Henk Vos.
This Is the Army, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 July 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1943!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1943 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Bézu (singer)
- Henk Vos: Chemical analyst / Dutch politician (PvdA) 2nd Chamber.
- Lyudmila Bragina: USSR -- 1500m runner (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- RAF bombs Hamburg (20,000 dead)
- World War II: Operation Gomorrah begins: British and Canadian aeroplanes bomb Hamburg by night, those of the Americans by day. By the end of the operation in November, 9,000 tons of explosives will have killed more than 30,000 people and destroyed 280,000 buildings.