Thursday 24 May 1928US date format: 5/24/1928, UK date format: 24/5/1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 24, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Adrian Frutiger and Stig Erlander.
Inflation, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1928!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1928 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Adrian Frutiger: Swiss calligrapher, teacher, typeface designer and typographer.
- Stig Erlander: American molecular biologist and nutritionist; ahead of his time with effective methods to treat patients with environmental sensitivities and food allergies.
- Roger Caras: Activist.
- Peter Griffiths: MP.
- Stanley Baxter: British comedian (Joey Boy, Fast Lady).
- William Trevor: British writer (Children of Dynmouth, Fools of Fortune).
- Umberto Nobile flies airship over North Pole again