Tuesday 8 May 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Buhr and Benny Martin.
Hangman's House, directed by June Collyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Bridge of San Luis by Rey Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1928 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Gérard Buhr
- Benny Martin
- Lucien Meraint: France sport Champion.
- Ted Sorensen: American lawyer 8th White House Counsel (d. 2010).
- Theodore Sorensen: American lawyer and special counsel to John F. Kennedy (d. 2010).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?