Thursday 3 May 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeanne Bal in Santa Monica and James Brown in Augusta.
A Daughter of Destiny, directed by Henrik Galeen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Greene Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1928 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Jeanne Bal in Santa Monica: California, USA; actress (Pat - Love and Marriage).
- James Brown in Augusta: Georgia, USA; singer/jail bird, soul brother #1 ("Hot Pants").
- François Gourguillon: French Catholic bishop, the Auxiliary Bishop Emeritus of Reims and Titular Bishop of Suas, who died on 23 November 2007.
- Dave Dudley: American singer-songwriter (d. 2003).
- Jacques-Louis Lions: French mathematician (d. 2001).
- Japanese atrocities in Jinan, China.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?