Monday 28 May 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Paul Rouland and André Schwarz-Bart.
The Hands of Orlac, directed by Robert Wiene, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 28 May 1928
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 28 May 1928. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1928!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1928 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Jean-Paul Rouland
- André Schwarz-Bart
- Sally Forrest: American actress and dancer (d. 2015).
- Albert Booth: British government minister.
- Jacob R Druckman: Composer.
- Paul Rouland: St Sauveur le Vic Actor.
- Dodge Brothers Inc and Chrysler Corp merged
- American automakers Dodge Brothers Inc and Chrysler Corp merge.