Monday 28 May 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Paul Rouland and André Schwarz-Bart.
The Hands of Orlac, directed by Robert Wiene, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Swan Song by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 May 1928 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Jean-Paul Rouland
- André Schwarz-Bart
- Sally Forrest: American actress and dancer (d. 2015).
- Albert Booth: British government minister.
- Jacob R Druckman: Composer.
- Paul Rouland: St Sauveur le Vic Actor.
- Dodge Brothers Inc and Chrysler Corp merged
- American automakers Dodge Brothers Inc and Chrysler Corp merge.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?