Sunday 24 November 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 24, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ted Bundy and Howard Sheldon.
Green for Danger, directed by Sidney Gilliat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 November 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1946 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Ted Bundy: American homicide; a man who killed women totally unknown to him, for no other reason that his desire to kill.
- Howard Sheldon: American astrologer, a radio show astrology host on Fridays from 6-7 PM.
- Bev[erley] Bevan: Birmingham, England -- Rock drummer (ELO).
- Ted Bundy in Burlington: Vermont, USA; serial murderer.
- Diana Quick: Actress.
- Tony Clarkin: English guitarist and songwriter (Magnum and Hard Rain).
- Penny Jordan: English author (d. 2011).
- Penelope Jones Halsall (aka Caroline Courtney: Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright, Annie Groves, Penny Jordan), English novelist.
- Bobby Rush: Politician.
- Alfonso Broqua: Composer, dies at 70.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- It's All Over Now - Peggy Lee
- Hoagy Carmichael - Huggin' and Chalkin'