Monday 8 July 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul B Fay and Knocky Parker.
Uncle Tom's Cabin, directed by J. Searle Dawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1918!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1918 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Paul B Fay: American businessman and cabinet member in the Kennedy administration (d. 2009).
- Knocky Parker: American jazz pianist.
- Oluf Reed-Olsen: Norwegian resistance member and pilot during World War II.
- Paul Fay: American businessman soldier and diplomat 12th United States Secretary of the Navy (d. 2009).
- Irwin Hasen: American illustrator (d. 2015).
- Craig Stevens: Liberty, Missouri -- Actor (Craig-Dallas, Peter Gunn)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Liberty Forever! - Victor Military Band
- Three Wonderful Letters from Home - Henry Burr
- Lafayette (We Hear You Calling) - Reinald Werrenrath
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?