Monday 8 July 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 8, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Knocky Parker and Paul B Fay.
A Pair of Silk Stockings, directed by Walter Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 July 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1918!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1918 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Paul B Fay: American businessman and cabinet member in the Kennedy administration (d. 2009).
- Knocky Parker: American jazz pianist.
- Oluf Reed-Olsen: Norwegian resistance member and pilot during World War II.
- Paul Fay: American businessman soldier and diplomat 12th United States Secretary of the Navy (d. 2009).
- Irwin Hasen: American illustrator (d. 2015).
- Craig Stevens: Liberty, Missouri -- Actor (Craig-Dallas, Peter Gunn).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight (For Her Daddy Over There) - Edna White's Trumpet Quartet
- Hello Central, Give Me No Man's Land - Al Jolson
- Original Dixieland Jazz Band - At the Jazz Band Ball