Friday 24 November 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 24, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Blazey and Hanna Walter.
Destry Rides Again, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 November 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1939 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Peter Blazey: Australian gay activist and writer, outspoken, impulsive and often outrageous, Peter Blazey was an over-the-top character who squandered his inheritance while working toward fame and irregular fortune.
- Hanna Walter
- Jim Northrup: Baseball player.
- Jim Yester: Birmingham, Alabama -- Rock vocalist / guitarist (Association).
- Yoshinobu Miyake: Japan -- Featherweight (1964, 68 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Maria Chiara: Italian lyric soprano, who made her debut in Venice in 1965, as Desdemona in Otello.