Sunday 22 September 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 22, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nick Cave and Phil Blackmar.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
The Bridge on the River Kwai, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Stay Alive All Your Life by Norman Vincent Peale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Real McCoys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 September 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1957 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Nick Cave: Australian musician.
- Phil Blackmar: American professional golf player, a member of the PGA Tour and one-time rookie-of-the-year.
- Giuseppe Saronni: Italian cyclist also known as Beppe Saronni.
- Johnette Napolitano: American singer-songwriter and bass player (Concrete Blonde).
- Daniel O'Connor: American pan am flight 103 crash victim.
- Steve Carney: English footballer (d. 2013).
- Ethan Coen: Director.
- Kevin Rudd: Politician.
- Lynn Herring in Enid: Oklahoma, USA; actress (Lucy - General Hospital).
- Mark Levin: Author.
- Pete Jones: Rocker.
- Philip Arnold Blackmar: San Diego, California -- PGA golfer (1988 Provident).
- Mark Johnson in Madison: Wisconsin, USA; NHL forward (Olympic-gold-1980, Pittsburgh Penguins, New Jersey Devils).
- Soemu Toyoda: Japanese admiral (Born 1885).
- Maverick premieres
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Coasters - Searchin'
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?