Saturday 14 September 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 14, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include François Asselineau and Carole Vareille.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
The Joker Is Wild, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Too Much, Too Soon by Diana Barrymore and Gerold Frank was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Californians.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1957 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- François Asselineau
- Jerry Don Gleaton: Baseball player.
- Carole Vareille: French homicide victim, murdered in her sleep by her husband Alain who also killed their two kids, 9/12/1987, Bougival, France.
- Tim Wallach: Huntington Park -- Infielder (California Angels).
- Kepler Wessels: former Australian and South African cricketer.
- UN resolution deplores and condemns USSR invasion of Hungary
- ''Have Gun, Will Travel'' premieres on CBS.
- Olav V becomes King of Norway on the death of his father Haakon VII.
- The sailing ship ''Pamir'' sinks off the Azores in a hurricane.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?