Friday 13 September 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Charles Wiebe and John G Trueschler.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Woman in a Dressing Gown, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Letter From Peking by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching M Squad.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1957 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Mark Charles Wiebe: Seaside, Oregon -- PGA golfer (1985 Anheuser-Busch).
- John G Trueschler: American politician.
- Cesare Bocci: Italian actor, who has acted in films and on stage, but is best known for his performance as Mimi Augello in the television series "Il Commissario Montalbano.
- Vinny Appice: American musician (Black Sabbath, Dio, Heaven and Hell).
- Judy Blumberg: American ice dancer and sportscaster.
- Mal Donaghy: Irish footballer and manager
- Brad Hooker: English-American philosopher and academic
- Eleanor King: English lawyer and judge
- John Trueschler: American lawyer and politician
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 September 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?